Wednesday 1 October 2008

Editor's Note (kind of).

UPDATED!

There's quite a bit going on in the next two weeks so please check back for more updates. In any case, here is a round-up of things you might like to take note of:

UPCOMING GAMES
  1. Recreational Touch Rugby (Sat, 04 Oct)!

  2. Northern Knights RFC: Touch Rugby and Training (Sat, 11 Oct).
INTERESTING READS
  1. Creating a Safe Environment for Learning.
    With reference to my previous post about learning touch rugby in positive environments.
MORE E-MAIL

Thought I'd post up this e-mail I received 'cos I like to share thoughts and comments from readers. Have censored the sender's name to protect her/his privacy. Just a sidenote: I don't need to feel vindicated, I just want to have fun while playing touch :)
From: J
Date: September 30, 2008 12:40:05 AM GMT+08:00
To: Laremy Lee
Subject: touch rugby

hi laremy,

i was just surfing the net and chanced upon your blog. i played contact rugby before in school, and i kinda miss playing touch rugby. i'm kinda keen on playing touch regularly on a more relaxed level (not competitive :P) but the problem is, i don't know enough people who know how to play the game to play socially. so it was a relief for me to stumble upon your blog, and that it's actually alive (unlike some official websites)! unfortunately it's too late for me to join as i'm leaving soon to continue my studies overseas. but please do keep the games going! hopefully others like me who miss holding that oval ball will come forward and will create a more vibrant touch atmosphere in singapore. then you will feel vindicated!

haha not all sports guys are arrogant jocks okay! i hope i'm not a jock!

kind regards,
j

No comments: